Ceviche is a popular dish of latin America in particular a huge part of Peruvian culture. It’s a great example of how much fun food can be and what a great way to get us eating more fish. Well sourced fresh ethically caught fish is a must, simply cured in citrus juices and served with zingy ingredients this salad will certainly silence any dinner party for a minutes!
- 500g Pollock or cod fillet, sliced into 5mm slices
- 1 large red onion finely sliced, soaked in iced water for 10 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced into large batons
- 1 handful of very roughly chopped fresh
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced 1cm cubes
- 1 or 2 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Fine sea salt
Dressing and Marinade
- Zest and juice of 4 limes
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and finely grated
- Pinch of sugar
In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressing and gently stir until fully combined. Place in the fridge until 30 minutes before dining when you should bring to room temperature.
5 minutes before you are ready to eat, place the dressing and good pinch of fine sea salt and the fish together in a bowl making sure the fish is completely coated.
Leave to stand for 3 minutes before gently folding in all the remaining ingredients. Taste for seasoning and adjust as appropriate with salt and pepper.